- November 27: Toyota Prius Class Action Lawsuit Over Bad Smells Hangs On news | 7 days ago
- November 26: Toyota FJ Cruiser Frame Rust Lawsuit Dismissed, For Now news | 8 days ago
- October 3: Toyota RAV4 Battery Recall Needed, Alleges Georgia Lawsuit news | 62 days ago
- September 23: Toyota Hybrid Cable Corrosion Causes Class Action Lawsuit news | 72 days ago
- September 19: Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Gas Tank Size Lawsuit Dismissed news | 76 days ago
Toyota Recall SET16A: Incorrect Load Carrying Capacity Label/FMVSS 110
2016 Toyota RAV4
An incorrect label may result in the vehicle being overloaded, increasing the risk of a crash.
Equipment — Other — Labels
- Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC (SET) is recalling certain model year 2016 Toyota Yaris, Rav4, Land Cruiser and 4Runner vehicles, and Scion FR-S, iM, and TC vehicles manufactured January 28, 2016, to March 14, 2016. The Load Carrying Capacity Modification Label may not reflect the correct added weight of the installed accessories. As a result, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 110, "Tire Selection and Rims for Passenger Cars."
- SET will notify owners, and provide them a corrected label to be installed over the inaccurate label, free of charge. The recall began on June 3, 2016. Owners may contact SET customer service at 1-866-405-4226. SET's number for this recall is SET16A.
- Documents (11)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-2
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 110
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: Non-Compliance Recall SET-16A – Remedy Available
- Part 577 Owner Notification Envelope
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.