- October 15: Fake Recall Notices Get Car Dealers Into Trouble With the FTC news | 4 days ago
- October 13: Toyota C-HR Rear Wheels Could Detach From the SUVs recalls | 6 days ago
- October 6: Toyota Recalls Avalon, Sequoia and Tundra For Airbag Failures recalls | 13 days ago
- October 5: Toyota Prius Limp Mode Recall Involves 2.4 Million Cars recalls | 14 days ago
- September 6: Toyota Invests $500 Million in Ride-Sharing Giant Uber news | 43 days ago
Toyota Recall : Windshield Wipers May Become Inoperative
2013 Toyota RAV4 EV
Over time, the dripping water may cause corrosion and wear at the joint, potentially resulting in the separation of the wiper linkage. Once this occurs, the wipers would not function, reducing driver visibility and increasing the risk of a crash.
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2009-2012 RAV4 vehicles manufactured October 27, 2008, to December 19, 2012 and 2012-2014 RAV4 EV vehicles manufactured July 24, 2012, to August 29, 2014. In the affected vehicles, water may drip onto the joint that connects the wiper linkage to the wiper motor.
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will replace the water diverter channel. In addition, a new wiper linkage with a wiper motor crank arm will be installed. The wiper linkage will have a protective cover over the wiper linkage joint to minimize water splash and a retainer ring to prevent the wiper arm from separating from the wiper motor. The recall began on November 7, 2016. Owners may contact Toyota's customer service number at 1-800-331-4331.
- Documents (21)
- Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - February 25, 2016 The previous Dealer Letter has been superseded by the attached version.
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - TECHNICAL INSTRUCTIONS (INTERIM)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect 573 Report
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - August 3, 2017 Owner Renotification HR2
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - October 28, 2015 Safety Recall F0S (F1S) - Interim Notice 2009 – 2012 Model Year North American Produced RAV4 2012 – 2014 Model Year North American Produced RAV4 EV Wiper Motor Link Corrosion
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Toyota Published October 13, 2016 Subject: Safety Recall F0S – Remedy Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-3
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - August 3, 2017 Subject: Owner Renotification of Non-Completed Safety Recalls – HR2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Toyota August 3, 2017
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.