- January 9: Takata Airbags Cause Recall of 1.7 Million Lexus and Toyota Vehicles recalls | 14 days ago
- December 20: 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback Transmission Recall Issued recalls | 34 days ago
- December 18: Toyota 4Runner Frame Rust Lawsuit Says SUVs Are Dangerous news | 36 days ago
- December 15: Toyota Tacoma Recall Issued To Replace Master Cylinders recalls | 39 days ago
- December 15: Toyota Recalls Corolla, Sequoia, Tundra and Lexus SC recalls | 39 days ago
Toyota Recall : Toyota/Trailer Wire Harness Converter
1999 Toyota Tacoma
An electrical short or open circuit can cause a fault in the converter and a non-operational condition of the trailer lights. If the vehicle is driven without trailer lights, it may be difficult for other drivers to see the trailer, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Equipment description: This recall is for trailer towing wire harness converters installed by dealers or for installation on 1999-2000 Toyota Tundra and Tacoma vehicles. The connectors integrate the vehicle's tail lights, brake lights, and turn signal lights with those equipped on the trailer, are defective. Affected part numbers are: PT207-34000, PT207-34002, PT207-04981, and PT214-04985. In the Tundra vehicles, the circuitry utilized in the converter was inadequate to properly manage vehicle and/or trailer-side voltage spikes. If the converter is exposed to a voltage spike, it may cause an electrical short or open circuit within the converter. In the Tacoma vehicles, due to deficient waterproofing and improper installation location of the converter, which is mounted in the lower portion of the tailgate cavity of the vehicle, an electrical short circuit will occur if water enters the converter housing.
- Dealers will notify the customers and install a redesigned trailer towing wire harness converter free of charge. Owner notification began August 27, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Toyota at 1-800-331-4331.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.