- April 4: 2018 Toyota Tacoma Bent Rear Axle Warped Brake Drums: Lawsuit news | 20 days ago
- April 3: Toyota Recalls 6,000 Vehicles to Replace Vacuum Pumps recalls | 21 days ago
- April 2: EPA Says Vehicle Emissions Standards Are Too High news | 22 days ago
- March 28: Recall: 2018 Toyota Camry Cars May Need New Engines recalls | 27 days ago
- March 22: Uber Self-Driving Car Crash Lawsuit to be Filed in Arizona news | 33 days ago
Toyota Recall : Toyota/Trailer Wire Harness Converter
2000 Toyota Tacoma
An electrical short or open circuit can cause a fault in the converter and a non-operational condition of the trailer lights. If the vehicle is driven without trailer lights, it may be difficult for other drivers to see the trailer, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Equipment description: This recall is for trailer towing wire harness converters installed by dealers or for installation on 1999-2000 Toyota Tundra and Tacoma vehicles. The connectors integrate the vehicle's tail lights, brake lights, and turn signal lights with those equipped on the trailer, are defective. Affected part numbers are: PT207-34000, PT207-34002, PT207-04981, and PT214-04985. In the Tundra vehicles, the circuitry utilized in the converter was inadequate to properly manage vehicle and/or trailer-side voltage spikes. If the converter is exposed to a voltage spike, it may cause an electrical short or open circuit within the converter. In the Tacoma vehicles, due to deficient waterproofing and improper installation location of the converter, which is mounted in the lower portion of the tailgate cavity of the vehicle, an electrical short circuit will occur if water enters the converter housing.
- Dealers will notify the customers and install a redesigned trailer towing wire harness converter free of charge. Owner notification began August 27, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Toyota at 1-800-331-4331.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.