- July 21: Toyota Class Action Lawsuit Includes Prius and Lexus CT 200h news | 5 days ago
- July 19: Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Fuel Tank Settlement Allegedly Useless For Owners news | 7 days ago
- July 7: Toyota RAV4 Battery Issues Lead to Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
- June 21: Toyota Highlander Hybrid Fuel Tank Capacity Lawsuit news | 35 days ago
- June 7: Toyota Soy Wiring Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 49 days ago
Toyota TSB #T-SB-0040-18
2005 Toyota Tacoma
Affected Component: STRUCTURE:BODY:BUMPERS
- TSB: Referencing this Service Bulletin provides best practice procedures when reassembling and installing the front shock absorber with coil spring. Some 2005 - 2015 model year Tacoma vehicles with applicable VDS have a different coil spring diameter. This may lead to a lateral force applied to the support plate upon reassembly of the front shock absorber with coil spring assembly. This may cause the inner rubber sleeve of the support plate to pull out when spring tension is released and the support plate to tilt. NOTE This Service Bulletin ONLY provides best practices for front shock absorber with coil spring assembly. The Repair Manual MUST be referenced with this bulletin when performing front shock absorber with coil spring assembly replacement.
Click a tab for more information.