- January 14: Toyota Emissions Settlement Reached For $180 Million news | 7 days ago
- December 19: Toyota Steering Column Problems Cause Recall recalls | 33 days ago
- December 1: Toyota RAV4 Primes Recalled For Headlight Problems recalls | 51 days ago
- November 30: BMW Z4 and Toyota Supra Recall: Fuel Leaks recalls | 52 days ago
- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 55 days ago
Toyota Recall J16/J06: Brake Master Cylinder Seal May Be Damaged
2019 Toyota Tacoma
Reduced brake performance can lengthen the distance needed to stop the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Master Cylinder
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2018-2019 Toyota Tacoma vehicles. Improper machining of the brake master cylinder may result in internal damage of one of the seals, affecting brake performance.
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will replace the brake master cylinder, free of charge. The recall began January 28, 2019. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-888-270-9371. Toyota's numbers for this recall are J16/J06.
- Documents (11)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- December 13, 2018 - DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - SAFETY RECALL J06 (Interim Notice J16)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- SAFETY RECALL J06 (Remedy Notice) Certain 2018 – 2019 Model Year Tacoma Front Brake Performance Could Be Reduced
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-4
Click a tab for more information.