- January 14: Toyota Emissions Settlement Reached For $180 Million news | 1 days ago
- December 19: Toyota Steering Column Problems Cause Recall recalls | 27 days ago
- December 1: Toyota RAV4 Primes Recalled For Headlight Problems recalls | 45 days ago
- November 30: BMW Z4 and Toyota Supra Recall: Fuel Leaks recalls | 46 days ago
- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 49 days ago
Toyota Engineering Analysis EA06014: LOWER BALL JOINT FAILURE
2004 Toyota Tundra
LOWER BALL JOINT FAILURE
Suspension:Front:Control Arm:Lower Ball Joint
- In a letter dated January 18, 2007, Toyota notified NHTSA of a safety defect in model year (MY) 2004 through 2006 Toyota Tundra and MY 2004 through 2007 Toyota sequoia vehicles produced between September 15, 2003 and November 17, 2006 (NHTSA recall no. 07V-013). According to Toyota, ¿in the front suspension lower ball joint on the subject vehicles, due to possible improper finishing of the ball joint, such as the aspect of the ball stud surface, some ball joints may experience an incidental deterioration of the internal lubrication. This may cause the ball joint to wear and loosen prematurely, which could result in increased steering effort, reduced vehicle self-centering, and noise in the front suspension. In extreme cases, if the vehicle is continuously operated in this condition, the lower ball joint may separate from the knuckle and could cause loss of vehicle control.¿Toyota will instruct owners to return their vehicles to any Toyota dealer for replacement of the front suspension lower ball joints. This engineering analysis has been closed, as Toyota is recalling the affected vehicles.ODI will monitor the effectiveness of the remedy and take further action if warranted.
- Documents (10)
- MFR RESPONSE EXTENSION * 11/08/06 * P
- MEMO 12/7/2006 TO TIS, ONE CD,TOYOTA 12/7/2006 ATTACHMENT 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, & 12
- IR TO MFR * 09/20/06 * p
- OCC 12/22/2006 LETTER TO TOYOTA GRANTED CONFIDENTIAL TREATMENT TO TOYOTA 11/16/2006 LETTER TO OCC
- TOYOTA 11/16/2006 LETTER TO OCC REQUEST FOR CONFIDENTIAL TREATMENT
- CLOSING RESUME APPROVED * 02/28/07 * p
- TOYOTA RESPONSE 11/16/2006 LETTER TO ODI
- TOYOTA 12/07/2006 LETTER TO ODI
- OPENING RESUME APPROVED '*' 08/02/2006 '*P'
- TOYOTA RESPONSE TO 11/16/2006 1 CD ROM WITH ATTACHMENTS RESPONSE 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,12,17
Click a tab for more information.