- May 22: Chevy Equinox, GMC Terrain Oil Consumption Bulletin Issued news | 7 days ago
- May 19: GM To Offer Compensation For Overstating Fuel Economy news | 10 days ago
- May 16: GM Says Popular SUVs Have Wrong Window Stickers news | 13 days ago
- May 15: Chevy Camaro Owners File Lawsuit Over 'Service Airbag' Lights news | 14 days ago
- May 15: GM Recalls 317,000 Vehicles With Radio and Chime Problems recalls | 14 days ago
Key Stuck In The Ignition
2005 Chevrolet Cobalt (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Cobalt was introduced to replace two of Chevy’s smaller cars, the Cavalier and Prizm. But the compact’s fresh start that Chevy was hoping for was riddled with issues, most notably widespread power steering failure.
The power steering failed so often that GM was forced to issue a recall in March, 2010. Great, but what about other problems like the key getting stuck in the ignition or all the other electrical demons this car possesses?
And, oh yes — then there’s the terribly dangerous issue where the Cobalt randomly shuts off while driving. As it turns out, that problem is related to GM’s massive 2014 recall for a dangerous ignition switch defect. A recall that eventually ballooned to 2.6 million vehicles in one of the automotive industry’s biggest scandals.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 45,525 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 44 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (26 reports)
- replace shifter (10 reports)
- use key release (4 reports)
- popped access panel and hit button to remove key (2 reports)
- press reset under steering colom (1 reports)
- replace ignition (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem