- January 7: 2015 Chevy Corvette Lawsuit Says Car is Defective news | 33 days ago
- January 5: General Motors Recalls SUVs Due To Rowdy Robotic Welder recalls | 35 days ago
- December 29: GM Recalls Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon Trucks recalls | 42 days ago
- December 21: GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Capacity Lawsuit Filed news | 50 days ago
Key Stuck In The Ignition
2005 Chevrolet Cobalt (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Cobalt was introduced to replace two of Chevy’s smaller cars, the Cavalier and Prizm. But the compact’s fresh start that Chevy was hoping for was riddled with issues, most notably widespread power steering failure.
The power steering failed so often that GM was forced to issue a recall in March, 2010. Great, but what about other problems like the key getting stuck in the ignition or all the other electrical demons this car possesses?
And, oh yes — then there’s the terribly dangerous issue where the Cobalt randomly shuts off while driving. As it turns out, that problem is related to GM’s massive 2014 recall for a dangerous ignition switch defect. A recall that eventually ballooned to 2.6 million vehicles in one of the automotive industry’s biggest scandals.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 45,525 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 44 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (26 reports)
- replace shifter (10 reports)
- use key release (4 reports)
- popped access panel and hit button to remove key (2 reports)
- press reset under steering colom (1 reports)
- replace ignition (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem