- May 26: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze LS Cars For Risk of Fires recalls | 1 days ago
- May 23: Chevrolet Cruze 'Side Blind Zone Alert' Lawsuit Filed news | 4 days ago
- May 19: Fire Risk: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 8 days ago
- May 17: GM Recalls Vehicles With Faulty Kidde Fire Extinguishers recalls | 10 days ago
- May 13: Safety Group Says NHTSA Should Force GM Airbag Recalls news | 14 days ago
2005 Chevrolet Cobalt
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Cobalt was introduced to replace two of Chevy’s smaller cars, the Cavalier and Prizm. But the compact’s fresh start that Chevy was hoping for was riddled with issues, most notably widespread power steering failure.
The power steering failed so often that GM was forced to issue a recall in March, 2010. Great, but what about other problems like the key getting stuck in the ignition or all the other electrical demons this car possesses?
And, oh yes — then there’s the terribly dangerous issue where the Cobalt randomly shuts off while driving. As it turns out, that problem is related to GM’s massive 2014 recall for a dangerous ignition switch defect. A recall that eventually ballooned to 2.6 million vehicles in one of the automotive industry’s biggest scandals.
2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Steering Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- power steering failure128
- knocking and loose7
- GM issued recall4
- NHTSA: Steering1033
- NHTSA: Steering: Electric Power Assist System52
- NHTSA: Steering: Column18
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist System13
- NHTSA: Steering: Column Locking: Anti-Theft Device1
- NHTSA: Steering: Gear Box: Shaft Sector1
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist: Pump1
- NHTSA: Steering: Rack And Pinion1
- NHTSA: Steering: Rack And Pinion: Rack1
- NHTSA: Steering: Wheel And Handle Bar1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cobalt Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Cobalt compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cobalt overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cobalt.