CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Cobalt inherited most of the problems from the 2005 and 2006 model years, but toned them down (a bit). Sure, the power steering still fails and the car has a chance of going up in flames due to a cracked fuel tank, but it’s not as prevalent as the older models. At least not yet.

In 2012, the Cobalt was recalled for gas tank fires but only for owners in certain states.

Then in 2014, the 2007 Cobalt was part of a massive GM recall due to a defective ignition switch that could cause the airbags to not deploy during an accident. The problem led to 13 deaths, government investigations and multiple class-action lawsuits.

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt:

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 162013

Cobalt 4-cyl

The traction control light has turned on several times before but usually goes away. While hitting my brakes on the freeway to exit, my traction control light turned on today. I was going about 60 and slowing when it happened. The vehicle jerked violently causing me to slam forward in my chair and almost causing the person behind me to hit me. Once I stopped at the light and hit the accelerator again, it again jerked. I parked my car and shut it off. I turned it back on and put it into drive and immediately the car jolts. It continues to do this each time I switch from park to drive and from braking to driving.

- Chesterfield, MI, USA

Jan 062013

Cobalt

Caliper leaking.

- Colonia, NJ, USA

Sep 082012

Cobalt

I had to get my rear brakes completely changed out at around 45000 miles as well as my E-brake assembly. Apparently Cobalt rear brakes are known to wear extremely quickly, please recall everything that was replaced: Rotors calipers pads E-brake assembly brake lines.

- Walnutport, PA, USA