- March 15: Chevy and GMC Air Conditioning Problems Target of Lawsuit news | 8 days ago
- March 8: GM Will Pay Certain Arizona Customers 6.28 Million news | 15 days ago
- February 27: Chevy Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit Targets 2010-2017 Models news | 24 days ago
- February 21: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Overheating Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 30 days ago
- February 20: GM Duramax Lawsuit Continues For Silverado and Sierra Owners news | 31 days ago
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt
Fuel System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Cobalt inherited most of the problems from the 2005 and 2006 model years, but toned them down (a bit). Sure, the power steering still fails and the car has a chance of going up in flames due to a cracked fuel tank, but it’s not as prevalent as the older models. At least not yet.
In 2012, the Cobalt was recalled for gas tank fires but only for owners in certain states.
Then in 2014, the 2007 Cobalt was part of a massive GM recall due to a defective ignition switch that could cause the airbags to not deploy during an accident. The problem led to 13 deaths, government investigations and multiple class-action lawsuits.
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Fuel System Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- cracked fuel tank5
- fuel pump, gas tank, and filler neck failure4
- smell of gas inside vehicle4
- fuel line rupture2
- NHTSA: Fuel/Propulsion System221
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline100
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Fuel Pump37
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Storage: Tank Assembly8
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Hoses, Lines/Piping, ...3
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other3
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Storage: Auxillary Tank2
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cobalt Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Cobalt compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cobalt overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cobalt.