- March 15: Chevy and GMC Air Conditioning Problems Target of Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- March 8: GM Will Pay Certain Arizona Customers 6.28 Million news | 13 days ago
- February 27: Chevy Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit Targets 2010-2017 Models news | 22 days ago
- February 21: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Overheating Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 28 days ago
- February 20: GM Duramax Lawsuit Continues For Silverado and Sierra Owners news | 29 days ago
NHTSA — Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Cobalt inherited most of the problems from the 2005 and 2006 model years, but toned them down (a bit). Sure, the power steering still fails and the car has a chance of going up in flames due to a cracked fuel tank, but it’s not as prevalent as the older models. At least not yet.
In 2012, the Cobalt was recalled for gas tank fires but only for owners in certain states.
Then in 2014, the 2007 Cobalt was part of a massive GM recall due to a defective ignition switch that could cause the airbags to not deploy during an accident. The problem led to 13 deaths, government investigations and multiple class-action lawsuits.
1.7hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 95,554 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
fuel system problem