- August 30: Chevy Bolt Batteries May Have Cell Problems recalls | 25 days ago
- August 29: GM Recalls Vehicles With Driveshafts That Break recalls | 26 days ago
- August 10: GM Recalls 2017 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Trucks recalls | 45 days ago
- August 7: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit About Vortec 5300 Engines Dismissed news | 48 days ago
- August 6: Duramax Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Are Illegal news | 49 days ago
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Cobalt inherited most of the problems from the 2005 and 2006 model years, but toned them down (a bit). Sure, the power steering still fails and the car has a chance of going up in flames due to a cracked fuel tank, but it’s not as prevalent as the older models. At least not yet.
In 2012, the Cobalt was recalled for gas tank fires but only for owners in certain states.
Then in 2014, the 2007 Cobalt was part of a massive GM recall due to a defective ignition switch that could cause the airbags to not deploy during an accident. The problem led to 13 deaths, government investigations and multiple class-action lawsuits.
Worst 2007 Cobalt steering Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- power steering fails22
- steering column rattles and binds8
- power steering motor failure6
- front end rattle4
- NHTSA: Steering562
- NHTSA: Steering: Electric Power Assist System21
- NHTSA: Steering: Column6
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist System1
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist: Power Steering ...1
- NHTSA: Steering: Rack And Pinion1
- NHTSA: Steering: Wheel And Handle Bar1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cobalt Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Cobalt compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cobalt overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cobalt.