- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Settlement On Hold news | 0 days ago
- October 7: Does Automatic Emergency Braking With Pedestrian Detection Work? news | 5 days ago
- October 1: Chevy Camaro Ignition Key Recall Issued Again recalls | 11 days ago
- September 22: Chevy Volt Passenger Airbag Sensor Investigation Opened investigations | 20 days ago
- September 20: Chevrolet Trax Recall Issued For Separated Lower Control Arms recalls | 22 days ago
Steering Column Rattles And Binds
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Cobalt inherited most of the problems from the 2005 and 2006 model years, but toned them down (a bit). Sure, the power steering still fails and the car has a chance of going up in flames due to a cracked fuel tank, but it’s not as prevalent as the older models. At least not yet.
In 2012, the Cobalt was recalled for gas tank fires but only for owners in certain states.
Then in 2014, the 2007 Cobalt was part of a massive GM recall due to a defective ignition switch that could cause the airbags to not deploy during an accident. The problem led to 13 deaths, government investigations and multiple class-action lawsuits.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 76,550 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 9 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- steering column assembly replaced (4 reports)
- GM recall #n100023: replace EPS unit (2 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)
- should be a recall done (1 reports)