- June 21: Chevrolet HHR Owner Says Ignition Switch Caused Crash news | 1 days ago
- June 18: GM Self-Driving Cars Ready For Action news | 4 days ago
- June 13: Chevy Corvette Z06 Lawsuit Says Cars Enter 'Limp Mode' news | 9 days ago
- May 31: General Motors Still Battling Ignition Switch Lawsuits news | 22 days ago
- May 25: GM Duramax Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Filed in Michigan news | 28 days ago
Bushings / Control Arm Failure
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Cobalt inherited most of the problems from the 2005 and 2006 model years, but toned them down (a bit). Sure, the power steering still fails and the car has a chance of going up in flames due to a cracked fuel tank, but it’s not as prevalent as the older models. At least not yet.
In 2012, the Cobalt was recalled for gas tank fires but only for owners in certain states.
Then in 2014, the 2007 Cobalt was part of a massive GM recall due to a defective ignition switch that could cause the airbags to not deploy during an accident. The problem led to 13 deaths, government investigations and multiple class-action lawsuits.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 61,857 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 7 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace the bushings and control arms (6 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)