7.3

2002 Ford Escape transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Escape:

2002 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Jun 302008

Escape XLT 3.0L V6

Ever since I had a new engine put into my 2002 Ford Escape, my transmission has been acting up. It takes forever to shift into reverse, it slips when driving and you can feel it shifting into another gear when trying to pick up speed. Never again will I buy a ford.

- , Park Forest, IL, USA

Jun 012009

Escape ES V6

Okay soo I am on my way to the club one night & stopped at the store to buy some gum parked right in front of the store.. Went in the store got back in my truck & put it in reverse & it acted like it was in neutral. I was soo embarrassed.. I had to ask someone to push me a little bit so I can put it in DRIVE to get out of the gas station. I then headed back home. Cried for a lil bit. Called my neighbor the next day he comes & puts transmission fluid in it & it starts backing up..YAHH..Ha NOT.. I didn't drive it all that day I waited until the next day to take it back home 2hrs away so my dad could look at it because he's a mechanic. On the way home the O/D OFF light was flashing & it acted like it didn't want to change gears at all. So when I arrive at home my truck won't back up at all...My truck has been taken care of so well by Ford so I thought..This will definitely be my LAST FORD.

- , Tifton, GA, USA

Nov 052007

Escape V6

Went to leave the house one morning got in the vehicle and put the car in reverse to back out of the driveway. Put car in reverse nothing happened it was like i was in neutral. After several minutes the car finally popped into reverse sending me peeling out of my driveway. Took the car to my auto dealer and was told after paying a diagnostic fee that they couldn't find a problem and too just bring the Escape back if it did it again. This is not my only problem with this vehicle, I have only had it 2 months and i have been at the shop at least 6 times.

- , Gardiner, ME, USA