- April 13: Ford Ordered to Pay $3 Million in Crash of 2001 Ford Ranger
- April 7: Government Petitioned To Investigate Ford SUV Recall
- April 5: Do Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Headlights Fail?
- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
- March 25: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles in Three Recalls
2002 Ford Escape
Worst 2002 Escape transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission failure33
- car vibrates at certain speeds6
- shifting roughly6
- doesn't always shift into reverse3
- o/d light flashing, car jerks3
- transmission slipping3
- faulty plug, shorting CPU1
- refusal to go into gear after running awhile1
- stalls after being put in reverse & back into drive1
- when exceleratoring the engine screams1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission35
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...19
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Park/Neutral ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.