- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
2002 Ford Escape
Worst 2002 Escape transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission failure33
- car vibrates at certain speeds6
- shifting roughly6
- doesn't always shift into reverse3
- o/d light flashing, car jerks3
- transmission slipping3
- won't go into gear3
- faulty plug, shorting CPU1
- refusal to go into gear after running awhile1
- stalls after being put in reverse & back into drive1
- when exceleratoring the engine screams1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission44
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...20
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Park/Neutral ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.