Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2004 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, and engine problems from the NHTSA complaint data — so it's not a model year we can recommend.

2004 Ford Escape windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Escape:

2004 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Jul 072016

Escape LX V6

This Suv is garage kept, and to lift the rear glass and have it come off in your hand is really a very poor design. Ford should ship out new hinges to all owners. There is enough space to go a bolt size bigger. Where is customer service! Very Lacking.

- , Boyers, PA, USA

May 162013

so i go to auctions, have my lovely 2004 ford escape loading with my buys go to open the hatch window and the screw and hinge pop with my hands full of stuff my window is just dangling WTF was all i could say, and these people look at me like, wow did that girl just say that? anyways have to set everything to the ground and attempt to push the window back in so i could lock it in place as everyone stares "oh by the way thanks for the lack of help" so i get it back in place to lock it and get everything situated and got to take my 45 mile trip home worried that my back window was gonna fall out at every bump....thanks so much ford for recalling every year but mine.....great customer service....good to know you only care while we are on your showroom floors after that we are on our own even though this is clearly your error ford

- , Toledo, OH, USA