- January 26: Ford Recalls Ranger Trucks After Driver Killed by Airbag recalls | 11 days ago
- January 22: Ford Ranger Driver Killed by Takata Airbag in South Carolina news | 15 days ago
- January 19: Ford Focus Door Latch Problems Earn Investigation investigations | 18 days ago
- January 10: Investigation Closed Into Ford Edge 22-Inch Alloy Wheels investigations | 27 days ago
- December 29: Ford Recalls 10,000 Vehicles For Engine Problems and Fire Risk recalls | 39 days ago
2005 Ford Escape
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Escape has problems where the engine shuts down while driving. Ford finally issued a September 2014 recall. Time will tell if the recall fix really solves the problem.
However the 2005 Escape also has a defect where the PCM (Power Control Module) fries at around 100k miles. Ford extended the PCM warranty to 80,000 miles, but only after most owners were past the mileage limit. Now owners are on the hook for the average repair cost of over $2,000 (!!)
Worst 2005 Escape electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- computer (PCM) failure94
- alarm goes off when locked2
- ECM computer failure2
- door ajar light on1
- NHTSA: Electrical System109
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Anti-Theft Controller2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.