- May 17: Ford Spark Plugs Breaking? Ford Settles Class-Action Lawsuit news | 7 days ago
- May 16: Recalled Axle Repair May Not Meet U.S. Safety Agency's Own Rules news | 8 days ago
- May 3: No Recall For Ford F-150 Brake Pedal Problems investigations | 21 days ago
- April 27: Ford Recalls 285,000 Cars and SUVs in 5 Recalls recalls | 27 days ago
- April 12: Ford F-150 SuperCab Takes Top Crash Test Award news | 42 days ago
2005 Ford Escape
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Escape has problems where the engine shuts down while driving. Ford finally issued a September 2014 recall. Time will tell if the recall fix really solves the problem.
However the 2005 Escape also has a defect where the PCM (Power Control Module) fries at around 100k miles. Ford extended the PCM warranty to 80,000 miles, but only after most owners were past the mileage limit. Now owners are on the hook for the average repair cost of over $2,000 (!!)
Worst 2005 Escape electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- computer (PCM) failure98
- NHTSA: Electrical System118
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Anti-Theft Controller2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.