- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 4 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 16 days ago
- December 27: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan ABS Problems Investigated investigations | 21 days ago
- December 21: Ford Recalls 9,400 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 27 days ago
- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 46 days ago
2005 Ford Escape
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Escape has problems where the engine shuts down while driving. Ford finally issued a September 2014 recall. Time will tell if the recall fix really solves the problem.
However the 2005 Escape also has a defect where the PCM (Power Control Module) fries at around 100k miles. Ford extended the PCM warranty to 80,000 miles, but only after most owners were past the mileage limit. Now owners are on the hook for the average repair cost of over $2,000 (!!)
Worst 2005 Escape electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- computer (PCM) failure101
- NHTSA: Electrical System121
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Anti-Theft Controller2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.