$1,821.00

1. replace the catalytic converter (3 reports)
2005 Ford Escape exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Escape:

2005 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Dec 272012

Escape Limited V6

The car completely lost power as I was getting ready to merge on busy highway. The ford Dealer said it was the computer board went out and coils burned up 2300 dollars later. 3 days later did the same thing but would go a little bit couldn't accelerate. Took it back then they said it was the exhaust system and catalytic converter 1400.00 later. Not happy. I'm wondering if they misdiagnosed the first time. They tested it on a computer both times.

- , Sherman, TX, USA

Aug 142012

Escape Limited V6

After only 56000 miles I had two catalytic converts fail at a cost of $2100.00. This car has been taken care very well but this has turned my stomach. The warranty was 7 years for the catalytic converter which I just missed. I will post photos of how clean the engine was and the defective converters.

- , Placentia, CA, USA

Jul 182012

Escape XLT 3.0L V6

Why would Ford put THREE catalytic converters on the Escape? Even California doesn't have that many!!

why would they go bad at 100000 miles??

Car lost power and limped back to my brothers at 20 mph and had it towed to repair shop. 2 days later we decided to replace the 3rd ( final) converter and hope for the best on other 2- I am so sick of this piece of junk!! last fall it was the entire computer system and now this.

- , Sterling, Illinois, USA