CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, so it's not a model year we can recommend.

Also the base model Escape did not come with side airbags so it received a "Poor" rating from the IIHS for side impact protection. Other similar 2007 models like the Toyota RAV4, Honda CR-V & Hyundai Santa Fe scored far better.

2.0

$1,000.00

1. had to replace rack and pinion cost me 1000.00 (1 reports)
2007 Ford Escape steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Escape:

2007 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Oct 042010

Escape V6

my ford escape sucks!! to say the least as soon as I'm done paying it off im trading it it for something else. i would go to turn the wheel around the corner and had to grab the wheel with two hands as hard as i possibly could, after owning the car for only a year. coming to find out that it was going to cost me 1000.00 to get it fixed i would never recommend this car to anyone.

- , Coeur D Alene, ID, USA