2008 Ford Escape accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Escape:

2008 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Oct 082010

I pressed the unlock button on my key to open the rear window hatch, then put my groceries in the back of my vehicle. My son then put his hand up to close the window down and the entire glass just exploded, cutting us both. We both immediately freaked out thinking someone must have shot at us. I called the police and went back into the grocery store to get the store manager. Glass spread over 4 parking spaces and luckily no one was hurt seriously. The right rear liftgate strut had blew off denting my vehicle and shattering the glass into more than a thousand pieces, then landing on the ground several feet away from the vehicle.

- Blue Springs, MO, USA