- August 22: Ford Recalls Vehicles With Leaking Gas Tanks and Flying Roof Glass
- August 17: Ford Recalls 160,000 Escape and Focus ST Vehicles For Erratic Engines
- August 14: Ford Recalls 83,000 Vehicles Because of One Small C-Clip
- August 8: Ford Recalls Vans and SUVs for Leaking Brake Fluid and Bubbly Windshields
- July 17: Ford Lawsuit Claims Steering Defects in Ford Fusion and Focus Cars
2008 Ford Escape
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2008 Ford Escape
Official recall notices have been issued for the 2008 Ford Escape by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions. It's important to note that most recalls won't cost you anything to get fixed, so if your car is affected you should call an authorized Ford service shop immediately!
2008 Ford Escape EQUIPMENT NHTSA Campaign #10E043000
Summary: Marathon is recalling certain seat covers, brand superhides with part numbers 593, 594, 578, 960, 228, 228-09, 267-08, 333, 625, and 630, sold for use as aftermarket equipment for various passenger vehicles. These seat covers are made of heavier thread and are not compatible with seats containing side airbags. The heavier seat cover could interfere with full deployment of the airbag in the event of a crash.
Consequence: An improperly deployed airbag could result in serious injury.
Actions: Marathon will notify owners of record and replace the seat cover free of charge. The safety recall began on September 14, 2010. Owners may contact marathon at 1-800-735-2769. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #10E043000 »