2008 Ford Escape wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Escape:

2008 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Feb 192016

August 2014 took my 2008 Ford Escape into local Ford dealer for recall notice recall 14S05 - power steering assist fault issue with torque sensor replacement - lindquist Ford dealership just upgraded a program into my Escape for abt 20-30mins, didn't check any parts for replacement, told me no parts were replaced there was no warning light so they didn't physically take the time to look. February 2016 - no engine light comes on but when I turn the key over for the last 6wks sometimes my Escape starts up sometimes, sometimes it does not with a notice "power steering assist fault" - as weeks went by, the steering wheel is shaking more randomly while driving and stopping. The only way to start my Ford Escape is by remote start to bypass the starter. Recently, I took my car into my local mechanic, after thorough investigation the torque sensor is cracked. I was told by Ford employees, 2 other local Ford dealerships & the mechanic to take the Escape back to the dealership who opened up the original recall back in August 2014. That original dealership did make a claim, Ford warranty denied the claim- the dealership didn't "choose" to tell Ford warranty they never looked at the recall parts in August 2014 they just did the upgrade, their liability "that's what the letter told them to do, no warning light no replacement parts". I paid $70+ for what the mechanic just did for free. That dealership did not check for any parts that needed replaced back on 2014. Not only did the dealership charge me $70, I took the Escape back to the local mechanic and paid $500 for a new torque sensor; same exact part falling under the recall "power steering assist fault". denied claim on 2/19/2016, reason- it's been over a year since my recall update was done the dealership should have been replaced the part back in 2014. I drive 2 cars, seriously?

- Rapids City, IL, USA

Jun 142011

I purchased a 2008 Ford Escape limited edition for my son in college, first, there were problems with the tires which sounded like the tires were going to explode. The noise was so loud and took it to my local dealership and they did nothing. I had the vehicle for approximately six months. The second issue pertained to the steering/suspension and that cost me $900. The dealership constantly states, "just keep your receipts." Today, I contacted sheehy Ford in springfield va regarding the new problem which is the throttle. The vehicle lost power and he could not shift the vehicle at all. The customer service representative looked up the VIN number and informed me my vehicle was not covered. I explained to the gentleman that I was on line and found information that Ford has issued an extended warranty for defective throttle body assemblies and sensors for 10 years or 150,000 miles based on an investigation by the national highway safety administration (NHTSA) for a defect investigation of alleged throttle body failures in 2005-2012 Ford Escapes (complaints from nc). I was informed my vehicle was not covered because only specific VIN numbers were included. I am a single parent and I have put too much money in this vehicle. After reading the comments on line, this vehicle appears to have numerous defects. What does it take for our government to take action, lost of lives" is the dollar more important than people lives" we need to start holding these companies accountable. There is clearly issues with this vehicle and I want Ford to pay for my repairs.

- Kingstowne, VA, USA

Mar 102013

I pulled into a parking space at around 5-10 mph, hit the brakes and the accelerator pedal stuck. The car took of at around 40-50mph jumped a fence and crashed into a ravine, hitting a big tree. I was pinned in the automobile hit my head and injured my leg. I was taken to the emergency room where I suffered a spinal cord injury and a huge hematoma on my left leg.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jan 042013

My Ford Escape is my family and work vehicle. One morning I started it after it was parked in cold overnight, engine started but the steering was stuck, thought battery was bad. Restarted several times until steering loosened up. Drove car and every stop light or while idling, the steering wheel vibrated so hard and have to hold it steady, thought, time to have my control arm replaced again. Took it to a friend's car shop, said, they've been having costumers bringing their Ford Escapes lately with the same problem. They couldn't fix it. Told me to go to my dealership. Dealership diagnosed it, electronic steering problem $90 for diagnosis, $1100 parts and labor, about 3-days to order for parts. Too expensive and dangerous, needs to have a recall.

- Grosse Pointe Woods, MI, USA

Feb 232012

Escape 6-cyl

Tires problem.... 04/09/2011-purchased (used) Ford Escape 2008-XLT 4 wheel- mileage 37583. 07/08/2011-mileage- 40668- driven 3085 miles* the dealer replaced rotors, brakes in - (no cost to me), due to rusting & corrosion, dealer claimed probably sat on lot too long without being moved. Tires at this time were reported in "green" code- 08/11/2011-mileage- 41229- driven 561 miles* oil change, tires at this time were reported in "green" code. 02/23/2012- mileage- 44144- driven 2915 miles* inspection failed- due to tires dry rot! total miles driven in 10 months* 6561. Tires are Goodyear/Michelin X cross terrain 225/65R17 dotb93T.

- Easton, PA, USA

Jul 152008

I have been having an ongoing problem with my 2008 Ford Escape. I have read online of many complaints as well with the same problem. I have a really loud sound like I am driving an airplane and it is coming from the tires. I have rotated, aligned, and balanced my tires and the noise is still there. The tires have also started to cup. I was told by brake check that I had bad shocks, but I did a few tests to be sure of that. It is not the shocks. There is something with the vehicle. It worries me that it may be the vehicle itself and my family and I may be in danger. I am changing out the tires with new ones. But I remember the Explorer case and how it was blamed on the tires, but why is it that there is a problem with Ford vehicles and tires. There are many Ford vehicles with this problem and changing out the tires with a different brand does not help. Somebody needs to do something about this before more are killed because of Ford's neglect and poorly design of their vehicles. I had an old Chevrolet cavalier and never had any problems. I never did anything with my tires and it ran beautiful. I bought this Escape brand new and it has occurred early on about 15,000 miles and Ford will ignore it even when you take it to the dealership. They will tell you it is not covered under your warranty. Why is it that I have had so many problems with a brand new vehicle (my first) and all the old and used cars I had before never gave me this much grief. I am paying Ford to give me a car with problems. It is all the tires and mainly in the rear that I hear the most noise come from. Please help!!!!!

- Houston, TX, USA