2009 Ford Escape engine problems

2009 Ford Escape Owner Comments (Page 12 of 12)

Aug 072012

Escape 6-cyl

Was driving in right lane approximately 45mph and I lost all acceleration. Thought I had a flat or something. Pulled over and into a parking lot. Engine was idling rough so I turned it off and called my husband to see what was happening with the car. Husband came and restarted, drove home no issue. On 8/11/12 driving to store the same thing happened but this time noticed the wrench light came on. The gas pedal stopped working loosing all engine power. Pulled over and called my husband to see what happened. Left car running, husband pressed gas pedal but engine stayed at rough idle. Turned car off and restarted, drove car home and called servicing dealership for appointment. Had the vehicle serviced on 8/10/12 to check transmission, thought that was the problem but they said everything was fine. They said they would let us know today 8/12/12 if vehicle should be towed in rather then driving it in due to safety reasons.

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

May 252010

Escape 6-cyl

I was sitting in the bank line with my foot on the brake, waiting to get to the drive-up atm when my car suddenly accelerated. I immediately applied the brake harder to stop the car from moving forward. This happened on two other occasions. When I mentioned it to my service specialist he said he checked the car and there were no problems indicated. I have a 2009 Ford Escape XLT V-6.

- Washington, DC, USA