- May 17: Ford Spark Plugs Breaking? Ford Settles Class-Action Lawsuit news | 7 days ago
- May 16: Recalled Axle Repair May Not Meet U.S. Safety Agency's Own Rules news | 8 days ago
- May 3: No Recall For Ford F-150 Brake Pedal Problems investigations | 21 days ago
- April 27: Ford Recalls 285,000 Cars and SUVs in 5 Recalls recalls | 27 days ago
- April 12: Ford F-150 SuperCab Takes Top Crash Test Award news | 42 days ago
2009 Ford Escape
Worst 2009 Escape transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- jerking into gear27
- transmission failure26
- transmission leaking20
- transmission failure while towing by motor home14
- rough noisy shifting5
- clunking from the transmission3
- intermittent vibration from pedal when upshifting3
- not enough torque when shifting from 1st to 2nd3
- difficulties shifting1
- shifter cable linkage broken1
- torque converter clutch in transmission failed1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission22
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.