- May 25: Ford Recalls F-150, Explorer and Super Duty Over Bad Welds recalls | 0 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls Trucks With Aftermarket Door Handle Covers recalls | 0 days ago
- May 22: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Fumes Plague Police news | 3 days ago
- May 16: Ford Antifreeze Leak Recall May Not Be Good Enough news | 9 days ago
- April 23: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Lawsuit Dismissed by Judge news | 32 days ago
2009 Ford Escape
Worst 2009 Escape transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- jerking into gear27
- transmission failure27
- transmission leaking21
- transmission failure while towing by motor home14
- rough noisy shifting5
- clunking from the transmission3
- intermittent vibration from pedal when upshifting3
- not enough torque when shifting from 1st to 2nd3
- difficulties shifting1
- shifter cable linkage broken1
- torque converter clutch in transmission failed1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission22
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.