- February 24: Ford Recalls F-250 and F-350 Trucks With Replacement Steering Gears
- February 8: Ford Explorer Leaking Brake Hose Investigation Closed
- February 3: Ford Lawsuit Alleges Engine Problems in 2004-2008 Models
- February 1: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles To Repair Door Handles and Seat Belts
- January 25: Ford Fiesta and Focus Transmission Lawsuit Filed After Complaints
2009 Ford Escape
Worst 2009 Escape transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- jerking into gear27
- transmission failure26
- transmission leaking20
- transmission failure while towing by motor home14
- rough noisy shifting4
- clunking from the transmission3
- intermittent vibration from pedal when upshifting3
- not enough torque when shifting from 1st to 2nd3
- difficulties shifting1
- shifter cable linkage broken1
- torque converter clutch in transmission failed1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.