- July 17: Ford Lawsuit Claims Steering Defects in Ford Fusion and Focus Cars
- July 12: Investigation Looks at Steering Problems in 500,000 Ford Cars
- July 9: Ford Recalls Cars and SUVs for Flying Roof Glass and Roll Away Danger
- June 29: Ford Dealers Told How to Fix Rough Idle and Rattle Noise
- June 25: Ford Recalls F-150 Over Steering Problems, Tells Owners to Park Trucks
2009 Ford Escape
Worst 2009 Escape transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- jerking into gear27
- transmission failure26
- transmission leaking19
- transmission failure while towing by motor home14
- rough noisy shifting4
- intermittent vibration from pedal when upshifting3
- not enough torque when shifting from 1st to 2nd3
- clunking from the transmission2
- shifter cable linkage broken2
- difficulties shifting1
- torque converter clutch in transmission failed1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission22
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.