- October 16: MyFord Touch Lawsuit Certified Class-Action in Nine States news | 6 days ago
- October 16: Ford Says Power Steering Lawsuit Shouldn't Be a Class-Action news | 6 days ago
- October 12: Ford Edge and Lincoln Continental Recalled recalls | 10 days ago
- October 4: Feds Investigate Brake Failures in 2015-2016 Ford F-150 Trucks investigations | 18 days ago
- October 4: Ford Throttle Body Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
2009 Ford Escape
Worst 2009 Escape transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- jerking into gear27
- transmission failure27
- transmission leaking21
- transmission failure while towing by motor home14
- rough noisy shifting5
- intermittent vibration from pedal when upshifting3
- not enough torque when shifting from 1st to 2nd3
- clunking from the transmission2
- difficulties shifting1
- shifter cable linkage broken1
- torque converter clutch in transmission failed1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission22
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.