- March 25: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles in Three Recalls
- March 23: Ford Focus and Fusion Power Steering Lawsuit Dismissed
- March 18: Ford Unintended Acceleration Lawsuit Filed in Louisiana
- March 12: Massive Car Hacking Lawsuit Filed Against Ford, GM and Toyota
- March 3: Ford Fiesta Door Latch Investigation Expanded
2009 Ford Escape
Worst 2009 Escape transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- jerking into gear27
- transmission failure26
- transmission leaking20
- transmission failure while towing by motor home14
- rough noisy shifting4
- clunking from the transmission3
- intermittent vibration from pedal when upshifting3
- not enough torque when shifting from 1st to 2nd3
- difficulties shifting1
- shifter cable linkage broken1
- torque converter clutch in transmission failed1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.