- July 23: Ford Transit Driveshaft Flexible Coupling Lawsuit Filed news | 3 days ago
- July 20: Ford Expands Chrome Door Handle Cover Recall recalls | 6 days ago
- July 16: Ford Recalls Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Over Torque Converters recalls | 10 days ago
- June 29: Ford Recalls Escape and Police Interceptors recalls | 27 days ago
- June 28: Ford Recalls 402,000 Transit Vans For Driveshaft Problems recalls | 28 days ago
2009 Ford Escape
Worst 2009 Escape transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- jerking into gear27
- transmission failure27
- transmission leaking21
- transmission failure while towing by motor home14
- rough noisy shifting5
- clunking from the transmission3
- intermittent vibration from pedal when upshifting3
- not enough torque when shifting from 1st to 2nd3
- difficulties shifting1
- shifter cable linkage broken1
- torque converter clutch in transmission failed1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission22
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.