2001 Ford Expedition accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Expedition:

2001 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Sep 142001

Cosco eddie bauer child carseat : manufactured 05/09/2000; model # 02870ebg. Received as a gift 06/2000 and began using appx 11/2000. This seat has an arm/bar that is part of the restraint system. The arm broke while driving on a local highway. The restraint was intact when son placed in the seat. After about 20 minutes of driving (1/2 way into our trip) my older son noticed the arm was loose. The right side of the arm had snapped and was no longer connected to the seatback. The joint is like a ball and socket with a spring. I thought the "ball" of the arm had come out of the "socket" of the seatback, but in fact the arm had broken before the joint. The plastic completely snapped. My son that was in the carseat is only 15 months old. It amazes me that a 15 month old can break part of a restraint system and it scares me to think what might have happened had we been in an accident. My husband and I have purchased a new carseat and chose a 5-point system vs. A seat with an arm/bar. I don't think they're safe. Thank you.

- Cave Creek, AZ, USA