- April 13: Ford Ordered to Pay $3 Million in Crash of 2001 Ford Ranger
- April 7: Government Petitioned To Investigate Ford SUV Recall
- April 5: Do Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Headlights Fail?
- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
- March 25: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles in Three Recalls
1998 Ford Expedition
Problems & Complaints
Worst 1998 Expedition Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems19NHTSA complaints: 170
- interior accessories problems16NHTSA complaints: 30
- suspension problems8NHTSA complaints: 134
- windows / windshield problems4NHTSA complaints: 39
- AC / heater problems3NHTSA complaints: 7
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 40
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 21
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 19
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 46
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 44
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 101
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 71
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 53
- steering problemsNHTSA: 51
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 21
- lights problemsNHTSA: 20
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 11
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 7
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Expedition Model Years
Curious how the 1998 Expedition compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Expedition overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Expedition.