- April 13: Ford Ordered to Pay $3 Million in Crash of 2001 Ford Ranger
- April 7: Government Petitioned To Investigate Ford SUV Recall
- April 5: Do Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Headlights Fail?
- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
- March 25: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles in Three Recalls
1997 Ford Expedition
Problems & Complaints
Worst 1997 Expedition Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 135
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 34
- brakes problems6NHTSA complaints: 113
- suspension problems6NHTSA complaints: 134
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 87
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 94
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 30
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 30
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 74
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 42
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 42
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 41
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 28
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 16
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 14
- lights problemsNHTSA: 11
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 4
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Expedition Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Expedition compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Expedition overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Expedition.