- April 13: Ford Ordered to Pay $3 Million in Crash of 2001 Ford Ranger
- April 7: Government Petitioned To Investigate Ford SUV Recall
- April 5: Do Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Headlights Fail?
- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
- March 25: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles in Three Recalls
2001 Ford Expedition
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2001 Expedition Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems46NHTSA complaints: 135
- electrical problems10NHTSA complaints: 82
- body / paint problems9NHTSA complaints: 19
- transmission problems9NHTSA complaints: 24
- suspension problems5NHTSA complaints: 12
- drivetrain problems4NHTSA complaints: 10
- AC / heater problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 34
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 18
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 66
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 46
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 10
- steering problemsNHTSA: 5
- lights problemsNHTSA: 4
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Expedition Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Expedition compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Expedition overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Expedition.