- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
2001 Ford Expedition
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2001 Expedition Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- engine problems40NHTSA complaints: 217
- transmission problems9NHTSA complaints: 26
- body / paint problems8NHTSA complaints: 23
- electrical problems8NHTSA complaints: 112
- drivetrain problems4NHTSA complaints: 13
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 18
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 40
- AC / heater problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- interior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 24
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 21
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 68
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 48
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 18
- steering problemsNHTSA: 7
- lights problemsNHTSA: 5
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Expedition Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Expedition compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Expedition overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Expedition.