- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
2004 Ford Expedition
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2004 Expedition Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- transmission problems18NHTSA complaints: 14
- engine problems12NHTSA complaints: 43
- body / paint problems11NHTSA complaints: 17
- AC / heater problems7NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 6
- drivetrain problems4NHTSA complaints: 5
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 18
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 39
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 13
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 27
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- lights problems1
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 40
- steering problemsNHTSA: 10
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 8
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 4
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 3
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 2
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Expedition Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Expedition compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Expedition overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Expedition.