- April 13: Ford Ordered to Pay $3 Million in Crash of 2001 Ford Ranger
- April 7: Government Petitioned To Investigate Ford SUV Recall
- April 5: Do Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Headlights Fail?
- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
- March 25: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles in Three Recalls
2000 Ford Expedition
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2000 Expedition Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems40NHTSA complaints: 197
- electrical problems21NHTSA complaints: 156
- suspension problems15NHTSA complaints: 50
- AC / heater problems8NHTSA complaints: 4
- transmission problems6NHTSA complaints: 29
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 23
- interior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 27
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 43
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 31
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 37
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 38
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 26
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 184
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 17
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 15
- lights problemsNHTSA: 9
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 5
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Expedition Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Expedition compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Expedition overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Expedition.