- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 19: Ford Recalls Vehicles for Steering and Windshield Problems
2005 Ford Expedition
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2005 Expedition Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- engine problems33NHTSA complaints: 116
- fuel system problems7NHTSA complaints: 50
- transmission problems7NHTSA complaints: 14
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 10
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 56
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 5
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 8
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 22
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 8
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 6
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Expedition Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Expedition compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Expedition overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Expedition.