- November 23: Ford Recalls 452,000 Cars To Fix Gas Tank Leaks
- November 21: Ford Recalls E-350 and E-450 For Trailer Brake Problems
- October 28: Ford Recalls 131,000 Vehicles, Mostly SUVs For Fire Risk
- October 20: Ford F-150 Electric Brake Vacuum Pump Investigation Upgraded
- October 3: Investigation Expanded Into Ford Explorer Police Interceptors
2004 Ford Expedition
Worst 2004 Expedition transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission failure13
- clunking noise going into reverse1
- engages gears on it's own1
- gear shift indicator offset1
- occasionally can't shift into reverse1
- shift selector broke off1
- will not engage into park1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission7
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...5
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission: Shift Pattern ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Expedition Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Expedition compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Expedition overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Expedition.