- April 24: Ford Recalls 390,000 Cars After 658 Door Latch Complaints
- April 13: Ford Ordered to Pay $3 Million in Crash of 2001 Ford Ranger
- April 7: Government Petitioned To Investigate Ford SUV Recall
- April 5: Do Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Headlights Fail?
- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
2001 Ford Expedition
Worst 2001 Expedition engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- blown spark plugs30
- clicking/knocking sound from engine4
- shuts off while driving3
- won't restart3
- spark plugs blow-out2
- engine misfires1
- engine stalls/shuts down while driving1
- faulty cruise control1
- flywheel not working1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control36
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine31
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling27
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control24
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline12
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal4
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Expedition Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Expedition compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Expedition overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Expedition.