5.0

2001 Ford Expedition engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Expedition:

2001 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Oct 122001

Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4L

Second gear in trans went out at 13k..ford knew of issue but waited for occurrence to come to fruition. Truck has knocked since day 1..ford said all 5.4 make noise! Other than noise engine is still running good at 131k..fuel pump went out at 128k..gas gauge not right since..overall I'm happy w/vehicle..

- , Mechanicsville, VA, USA

May 162009

Expedition XL 4.6L

the car makes loud clicking noise really bad when you take off oil cap. how do i change lifters and push rods as i think this might be the problem

- , Garnerville, NY, USA

Jun 012010

Expedition

my 2001 ford expedition has 104000 miles and started to make a knocking sound in engine comparment and then sounds like it is realing air or presure.

- , Long Beach, CA, USA

Oct 022009

Expedition 5.4L V8

My 2001 Ford Expedition started making a clicking/knocking sound from the engine compartment. I have never had any oil problems, no oil leaks, etc. I checked for any loose items...nothing found. When the vehicle is driven the sound gets louder when accelerating. I suspect that a rod may be bad but the engine runs great, good power still, etc. The vehicle has 104K miles on it. Are there any checks I can perform to determine what may be the problem? It doesn't make sense that the rod/rods may be knocking when there has never been any oil problems with the vehicle. Please provide advice/assistance....send suggestions to my email: donald.fisher@us.army.mil

- , Fountain, CO, USA