3.6

2002 Ford Expedition wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Expedition:

2002 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Oct 102009

Expedition

In March 2008, I purchased 4 advanta SUV tires P265/70R17 for my vehicle, about 3 months later one tire had an air bubble on the side and I had to replace it. I don't travel that much just to and from work. This August 2009, I let my mom use my truck and the two rear tires went, one blew out while the other rear one began to shred. On Saturday October 10 while traveling on the highway the front passenger tire blew out. I noticed there is a recall for P265/70R16 and I need to know who I need to contact regarding the tires that have. This is a very serious and dangerous situation, my family and I am are very blessed that we were not hurt in theses incidents.

- Fort Washington, MD, USA

Mar 222009

Expedition

On three occasions between March 2006 and March 2009 four out of five tires purchased through sears have suffered tread separation and three cases lead to complete failure while driving at posted speed limits. Tire failure lead to two near miss accidents. In the last failure, March 22, 2009 lead to several thousand dollars of property damage. One tire was replaced shortly after purchase; another tire ordered but was not stocked; currently in possession of the most recent tire failure. The recent tire has greater than 60% of tread life remaining. Tire separated yet inner tub still inflated.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Nov 012004

Expedition 8-cyl

Vehicle wa shydroplaning; very badly at low and high speeds in the rain.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Oct 272003

Expedition

While driving at 35 mph driver felt vibration in the right rear of the vehicle. Recall 02T0120000.

- Mandeville, LA, USA

Jan 312003

Expedition

Continental tires sent the consumer a recall/reibursement form in reference to grabber tire(s), which were bought between Aug 19, 2001-Oct 10,2002/ aw P275/80R17/P275/60R17. The front seat belt assembly was broken. Scc

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jan 242003

Expedition 8-cyl

Faulty tire complaint. All four tires were affected.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jul 032002

Expedition

Tires have been seperating for some time now. Original tires have been discontinued and are on nationwide backorder. Contacted dealer reported to be ordered. Have been on order for 3 weeks now. My husband has found a different brand of tires to fit the vehicle but the dealer and Ford insist on the exact same brand and make of tires. The brand is no longer available. The ride quality on the vehicle is beyond horrible, but so far no accident has occured. Would like to be reimbursed for having to purchase my own tires for a vehicle with a warranty.

- Decatur, TN, USA

May 152002

Expedition

One of the four tires had lower pressure markings and the consumer believes it was potential safety hazard. (Goodyear Wrangler rt/S P255/70R16).

- Mccomb, MS, USA