8.0

2004 Ford Expedition accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Expedition:

2004 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Oct 222013

Expedition Eddie Bauer 4.8L

Drivers side seat is cracking and split along seam. Rear seats are cracking as well. What in the world causes this??

- , Stafford, VA, USA

Dec 012004

Expedition Eddie Bauer V6

My sisters and I (3 of us) all have 2004 Ford Expeditions and all of us have leather seats that look awful, shredded, foam hanging out, etc. We all took care of the seats and treated the leather often so there is no excuse. Also, the trucks were garage kept. Within the first 6 months they started to crack and look bad. We all kept waiting for a recall, Ford needs to address these seats for they are horrid!

- , Lenexa, KS, USA

Nov 232006

Expedition Eddie Bauer

The leather is crumbling off. The 2nd row seat cushion had to be replaced on the Left passenger seat. Now I am having the same problem with Right passenger seat and the middle seat. Ford says it is normal wear. I only have 1 child and more people seat in my front seat more than the back. I will never buy a Ford vehicle again. I had a GMC Jimmy for 6 years and never had to replace the leather seats.

- , Princeton, TX, USA

Feb 152007

Expedition XLT 5.4L

I have had this vehicle for 2 1/2 years. After two months i had to take it back to the dealer to get the front seats fix because of the cracking leather. Over the course of 2 1/2 years its been back 10 times to have various other seat panels replaced. Now by replacing them so many times Ford knows that there is a problem with them. On my 11th trip to the dealer to have the cracked leather seats replaced again a Ford rep was there and said its normal wear. Now Ford customer service is standing by this decision and not replacing cracked leather on a vehicle that is still under the bumper to bumper warranty.

- , Redondo Beach, CA, USA