7.3

2005 Ford Expedition engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Expedition:

2005 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Dec 312004

Expedition LX

/I went for my appointment with my exp- making this noise. I was told I WAS 3 MILES OUT OF WARRANTY....wouldn't have been if they would have got me in SOONER..

The noise is crazy..I was told I could put a new motor in my car for 12,000.00..LOL this is my 3rd FORD EXP...

Wish I had help.....

- , Santa Fe, TN, USA

Oct 042006

Expedition Limited V8

I purchased my 2005 Ford Expedition in June of 2005

and everything was peachy until I started to hear a noise coming from the engine about a year or so after I purchased it. I took it in for a oil change and I mentioned the noise to the mechanic, since I was still under warranty. He told me it was normal and that I had nothing to worry about.

To make a long story short the noise has only gotten louder. It kinda sounds like a diesel.

I have people tell me my car's making too much noise & to check the oil. Funny thing is last week I changed the oil and two days later a man approached me to let me know my truck sounded like it needed a really bad oil change. Lol

- , Modesto, CA, USA

Nov 052005

Expedition 5.4L

The worst sounding engine ever. The ticking noise in the motor got worse and I told the mechanic at the ford dealership he said it was normal. Now this is the worst sound in the world for a newer vechicle. I am so disappointed in the motor of this ford product. I told the mechanic at the dealership that again at about 30,000 miles the noise was getting worse. The mechanic continues to tell me its a normal noise for this motor. Normal hell. Its going to cost over about $2500 to fix this problem and even when its fixed not sure the noise will go away. Hoping it will.

- , Eugene, OR, USA