2006 Ford Expedition body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Expedition:

2006 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

May 052016

Expedition

Paint bubbling/blistering up on back lift gate.

- Halifax, PA, USA

Oct 032012

Expedition

The paint on the lift gate is bubbling and peeling, caused by a problem with the aluminum. A problem that Ford was aware of before my car was sold.

- New Plymouth, ID, USA

Sep 272012

Expedition

I was driving on a two lane highway, fm 185. I was driving northeast while the other driver was somewhat stopped heading West, trying to turn South onto cattle drive. The other driver was stopped at an intersection awaiting to turn left. The other driver turned left in front of me as I was headed straight. The initial impact was driver's front side and then down the drivers side door. We hit, and then my vehicle did a 180 degree turn which turned my vehicle around facing my initial path of direction. My airbags did not deploy. I had curtain side airbags, driver, and passenger air bags as well. The airbags of the car causing the accident did deploy.

- Crawford, TX, USA

Jan 072009

Expedition

Rear door paint blisters.

- Alsip, IL, USA

Oct 222008

Defective paint.

- L'anse, MI, USA

Jun 152009

Expedition

Painted metal trim at the bottom of side windows is rusting and the paint is peeling. If painted correctly at the factory no way this would be happening. I have also noticed this same prblem on many other Expedition, yet Ford says not there problem.

- Irving, TX, USA

Jun 022008

Expedition

I have a 2006 Ford Expedition. 31,000 miles. I have paint bubbles on the hood and rear tail gate on the inside and outside. Ford told me to take it to a service center. Service center said they won't fix it until it become a hole in the metal. Are you kidding me! $35,000 SUV 2yrs. Old and I have to spend $1,200 out of pocket to fix it. Last Ford I'll ever own!

- Newark, OH, USA