2006 Ford Expedition electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Expedition:

2006 Ford Expedition Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 222010

My wife, three kids and myself were in our 2006 Ford Expedition limited coming down a mountain pass in lake Tahoe when all of a sudden the engine stopped! a code on the dash read "fail safe engine mode". the steering wheel locked and there was no power, no acceleration. I was lucky to pull to the side of the road. The following day, I took the truck to the carson city, nv Ford dealer and paid for a diagnostic. Notes from dealer: Road test could not verify. Performed eec self test, has code P0104. Performed wiggle test and pinpoint tests. Performed recorder-monitor test all the pids looked good. Removed the maf sensor. Has debris on the maf sensor wires. Recommend a new maf sensor." I put in a new maf sensor and air filter. In driving less than 3 miles after this was done, the truck did the same thing. The "fail safe engine mode" came on, loss of power and acceleration. I had to turn the truck off completely, remove key and restart. Then the truck did not hold the idle and died. After a second time, the truck restarted. I am still driving with the check engine light off and have another appointment with the Ford dealer tomorrow morning (6-24-10) to see what is going on. We are supposed to leave tomorrow and drive 1100 miles to return to denver.

- Commerce Cithy, CO, USA

Feb 132010

Expedition 4WD 8-cyl

Sparks plugs blew out right at 60,000 miles on 2006 Ford Expedition on our way from Maryland to Louisiana. Started getting problems in North Carolina. After spending $2000 for hotel, rental car and possible fix by still was not working. Brought to Ford dealership and said it was spark plugs that blew and a common thing for F150S and it would cost over $7,000 to fix it and recommended trading it in. So we did cause we had no choice with the truck being in nc.

- Waldorf, MD, USA

Jan 252010

Engine shuts off while running. Last time on the freeway. My mechanic says the systems reads ok on computer diagnostic, but the fail-safe system definitely shut the engine down due to a possible glitch in the system. Dealers "see" good readings for throttle system and will not replace a "good" part. When this happens, car has no power with no warning. It has happened twice and we don't know when it will happen again.

- Whittier, CA, USA

Jul 072008

Expedition 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Ford Expedition. While driving approximately 70 mph, the vehicle completely shut off without warning. The vehicle had to be maneuvered across four lanes of traffic, but was restarted on the first attempt. The current and failure mileages were 30,000. Updated 09/10/08. Updated 09/11/08.

- Elmendorf, TX, USA

Aug 062006

Expedition 4WD 8-cyl

I bought a 2006 Ford Expedition and 3 months later while my dad was driving it accelerated by it self and my dad die in the accident caused by unexpected acceleration of the vehicle.

- Hughson, CA, USA