2008 Ford Expedition drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Expedition:

2008 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Dec 202014

Expedition

My truck was put in park and I couldn't put the car in gear. I was stranded with my family for 1 1/2. I had to do research so I went to the internet on my cell phone and found out that it was the break light switch. I also read the manual and it said to replace the fuse. I did that and it still wouldn't go into gear. I had my wife stand in the back of the car while I depressed the brakes and the light wouldn't go on. After reading on line someone had mentioned to go under the dash board and giggle the switch by the break peddle. I did and started the car and thankfully the car was able to go into gear. I had went out this morning and im still having the same problem. I jiggled the switch again by the break peddle and it worked again.

- Brooklyn , NY, USA

Aug 022010

Expedition 8-cyl

Clear coat and paint started peeling of for no reason and rust is appearing underneath the hood and the back door as well. Takes a while before shifting gears.

- Alton, TX, USA

Apr 102013

Expedition 8-cyl

At the start of the engine, there is a tickling noise that does not disappear until after the first gear is automatically engaged. To me, this looks like a manufacturer's defect on the vehicle rather than an engine problem because at 41000 miles, such problems should not develop: The vehicle is relatively new.

- Palm Coast, FL, USA

Nov 012011

Expedition 8-cyl

This is a used car we were going to buy at a reputable dealer's lot. Salesman assured us it had not been in an accident. Upon inspection by our mechanic, it was determined that this vehicle had extensive front end damage, being rebuilt with salvage parts and repainted, probably in Mexico. The transmission needed costly repairs. It had also had the tailgate removed, possibly replaced, and the brake pedal was welded on.

- Edinburg, TX, USA

Aug 012008

Expedition

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Expedition. The contact stated that the driver and passenger windows failed. The windows could not be opened or closed. The transmission also failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the window failure was located at the door motor. The transmission computer was reprogrammed but the failure was not corrected. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 20,000 and the current mileage was 82,000.

- Chester , PA, USA

Apr 132012

Expedition

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Expedition. The contact stated that the vehicle was shut off and parked on an incline when it rolled backward and crashed into another vehicle. The emergency brake was not engaged when the failure occurred. The rear bumper and lift gate were damaged, but there were no injuries reported. The vehicle was driven to an auto body shop and repaired. The police were also notified and an incident report was available. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 88,342.

- Lewistown, PA, USA

Feb 212010

Expedition

On 2 separate events my Ford Expedition rolled down the driveway when it was in parked with foot brake engaged. I took it to the Ford service department and they claim they could not find any issues. This weekend with transmission in park and foot brake engaged the vehicle rolled backwards again almost running over me.

- Hilliard, OH, USA