3.0

2008 Ford Expedition engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Expedition:

2008 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Aug 022010

Expedition 8-cyl

Clear coat and paint started peeling of for no reason and rust is appearing underneath the hood and the back door as well. Takes a while before shifting gears.

- Alton, TX, USA

Mar 092014

Expedition 8-cyl

Pulling into the garage and the car spontaneously accelerated causing me to slam on brakes. This is the second time the car started accelerating spontaneously since I purchased it. The first time I was stopped at a stoplight with my foot on the brake when the car started revving and wanted to jump forward, if I hadn't through the car into park I would have hit the car in front of me.

- Carol Stream, IL, USA

Apr 102013

Expedition 8-cyl

At the start of the engine, there is a tickling noise that does not disappear until after the first gear is automatically engaged. To me, this looks like a manufacturer's defect on the vehicle rather than an engine problem because at 41000 miles, such problems should not develop: The vehicle is relatively new.

- Palm Coast, FL, USA