2008 Ford Expedition fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Expedition:

2008 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Jul 232013

Expedition 8-cyl

While driving my Expedition el on the highway and rounding a curve at 65 mph, the engine died without any warning. Fortunately, I was able to put the transmission into neutral and coast to a stop in a safe location. The engine would not start for several minutes, but then started and ran normally. I drove it straight to the dealer and dropped it off. The dealer diagnosed it as a fuel pump failure, and informed me that the part was on backorder and they could not guarantee a delivery date. I have been without my car for 5 weeks, and have spoken with the service manager and Ford customer service reps on several occasions. After first offering to help with car rental expenses, I have now been told that they will not assist me with rental expenses. They also have not been able to advise a date when the part will be available so I can get my car back. My $40,000 car is now worth nothing, I can't even sell it. From what I have been able to find out, this is a common failure with this fuel pump design. I would like Ford to order a recall, pay for the repairs, and cover my car rental expenses until they can repair my car.

- Beaumont, TX, USA