1.2

2010 Ford Expedition engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Expedition:

2010 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Oct 012014

Expedition 8-cyl

I was attempting to accelerate from an idle position to enter a highway. In the process of acceleration, my engine began to kick and stutter like it was not taking in enough gas. I have reported this matter to my Ford dealership without a satisfactory answer. A colleague of mine who owns the exact same style, model and year vehicle experienced the same exact actions and also visited the same Ford dealership (world Ford) and was advised that the kicking or bucking of the engine was due to a defective torque converter that Ford is unwilling to replace (a $2000 job). The dealership has placed fluid in the engine without any resolution. This is my 3rd Expedition. While I am happy with Ford, there is clearly a defect (due to similar actions in its other models). They chose to ignore the problem. I need a resolve immediately.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA