2015 Ford Expedition miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Expedition:

2015 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Oct 182015

I was sitting in a wal-mart parking lot without the car running. The temperature was approx 35-40 degrees with light rain/snow. While sitting there I heard a really loud pop. After looking outside and around the vehicle to see what was overhead (nothing), I noticed that the moonroof had shatter and made the back part of the glass bubble upward toward the sky with a small hole and the entire glass shattered. Of course I had to drive the vehicle home (approx 22 miles) and then to the dealer (another 25 miles). At this point most of the glass fell into the moonroof slide cover and thus did not show the bubble in the glass. Ford will not cover stating it was broke by force. We have owned the car less than two months (purchased on 8/22/15 - day broke 10/18/15) and the vehicle has only 3,700 miles on it. All pictures taken were done by the dealer.

- Jamestown, PA, USA

Jun 092015

I was not able to open the rear lift gate, the window did work fine. This would happen every now and then non predictable.. the dealer replaced the latch and was amazed the electric key fob did not work of the manual lift gate. There is no emergency override!!!! if some was in the 3rd road seat, and something happened they could not get out. August 1, 2015 I went to the vet with my dog in her kennel in the back. Outside air temp was 93 degrees. I could not open the back hatch to get my dog out. I had to lower all the middle seats, open her kennel, and "convince " her to come out and walk around. I had to lift her up and put her on the ground. Being handicapped this was not fun.. of course after the vets visit, the darn thing worked it is dangersous!!!

- Winchester , MA, USA