- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
2005 Ford F-150
Worst 2005 F-150 engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- loud ticking/knocking noise from motor39
- spark plugs break when changing21
- engine firing improperly - shakes vehicle14
- spark blew out9
- engine failsafe mode comes on6
- failsafe mode comes up and engine shuts off4
- fuel injector failure2
- engine failure due to sludge1
- jumped timing at start-up1
- no acceleration / increased RPMs when pressing gas pedal1
- no compression on one side of engine1
- won't start1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling72
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control43
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine26
- NHTSA: Engine20
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal4
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford F-150 Model Years
Curious how the 2005 F-150 compares to other years?
Check out our Ford F-150 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the F-150.