- April 24: Ford Recalls 390,000 Cars After 658 Door Latch Complaints
- April 13: Ford Ordered to Pay $3 Million in Crash of 2001 Ford Ranger
- April 7: Government Petitioned To Investigate Ford SUV Recall
- April 5: Do Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Headlights Fail?
- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
2005 Ford F-150
Worst 2005 F-150 engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- loud ticking/knocking noise from motor45
- spark plugs break when changing23
- engine firing improperly - shakes vehicle16
- spark blew out14
- engine failsafe mode comes on10
- engine stalls while driving4
- engine failure2
- fuel injector failure2
- engine failure due to sludge1
- jumped timing at start-up1
- no acceleration / increased RPMs when pressing gas pedal1
- no compression on one side of engine1
- oil pressure switch blows up while driving1
- turns over but won't start1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling20
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control19
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine14
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal4
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford F-150 Model Years
Curious how the 2005 F-150 compares to other years?
Check out our Ford F-150 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the F-150.