2012 Ford Focus wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

2012 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Aug 012016

Focus

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Focus. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V643000 (latches/locks/linkages). The dealer was unable to determine when the parts would be supplied to schedule the recall repair. The recall notice indicated that the parts would be available the second quarter of 2017. In addition, the contact stated that two of the four tires had low air constantly. The contact was to check with the manufacturer to determine the failure and when the recall repair would be scheduled. The failure mileage was unknown. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Moncks Corner, SC, USA

Nov 062015

Focus

Purchased vehicle 6 months ago from auto nation Ford union city, ga. First there was a problem with tire, then there is a problem with " brake lamp" then there is a major problem with " transmission malfunction". car would not accelerate and stopped in mid traffic. Auto nation "said" they repaired as a result of recall, but I drove the car 8 hours after I picked it up from auto nation and car still having the same " transmission malfunction" problem, I could not accelerate, and car stopped on highway. In addition, the " brake lamp" message also flashed on the dash. I took car back to the dealer where it remains with auto nation Ford, union city, ga. The car is unsafe to drive. Furthermore, please investigate the dishonest service and sales practices at this dealership

- Jonesboro, GA, USA

Nov 082015

Focus

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Focus. While driving 35 mph, the contact heard an explosive abnormal noise coming from the rear driver side. The contact noticed burnt rubber and smoke coming from the tire. The low tire pressure warning light illuminated. The contact then noticed that the front and rear driver side tires blew out and were deflated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the hbt bolt needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 39,000.

- Ashland, PA, USA

Nov 202014

Focus

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Focus. While driving approximately 25 to 35 mph, the vehicle made a loud abnormal sound, the transmission spun, and the wheels did not engage. The contact turned off and restarted the vehicle, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission software had to be updated. The software update was performed; however, the failure recurred numerous times. The approximate failure mileage was 28,419.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Apr 162015

Focus 4-cyl

While towing this car behind my motorcoach four-tires down, per Ford manual and current rv safety practices, the Focus' passenger-side rear tire had a blow out. The tire came completely off of the rim. All four Focus tires were checked two days before and pressures were at spec. With no sign of leaks or apparent damage. The tires are Michelin defender tires with about 14,500 miles on them and purchased in April of 2014. This blow out was a complete surprise, for the tires were in apparently very good condition, I did not run over any road debris and I was traveling at 55 mph. I have photos of the blown out tire and will provide them upon request. Thank you.

- Burlington, MA, USA

Apr 032014

Focus 4-cyl

We had a problem with Ford Motor Company over our 2012 Ford Focus. As background, while my wife was driving 40 mph on a straight road the car steering locked and pulled her into a curb causing a broken wheel, rim, and tie rod (estimated at $1500 to repair by bob tomes Ford in mckinney Texas). After the car setting at the dealership waiting for word from Ford's corporate office for seven weeks we just found out they are not taking responsibility for this issue. It's pretty incredible to me that it took Ford seven weeks to respond while I made two car payments and paid for insurance throughout that time without a car. We had found through research on the web that many people are reporting steering problems on the 2012 Ford's Focus. For your information we do not feel safe with this car and are asking bob tomes Ford to help us resolve the issue locally since Ford has not offered any help.

- Fairview, TX, USA

Nov 112013

Focus 4-cyl

The car tend to move backwards whenever I stop at a stoplight with a slight elevation.

- New Cumberland, PA, USA

Jun 042013

Focus 4-cyl

Driving a 2012 Ford Focus avis rental at approximately 5 mph in a lowe's parking lot. I turned to park the vehicle and the sidewall of the left front tire, a Continental -conti 215/55/16-conti pro, brushed the concrete curbing and the sidewall blew. The tire could not be repaired, had to be replaced. Avis wants $200+ to replace a tire that seems to have a serious sidewall problem; a tire that should not have been installed on a rental in the first place.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Aug 242013

Focus

I was driving down a 35 mph road, trying to push the gas to get to 35 mph, but it failed and revved the engine and RPM without increasing my speed. I was going 20 mph and worried that my speed would affect other cars behind me to possibly hit me. There is some noise coming from the engine. It happened three times within less than a mile so I pulled over off the road to check and still unsure. The car is still brand new and only at almost 16,000 miles.

- Griffith, IN, USA

Aug 162013

Focus

When driving home I heard a loud pop noise, the steering became hard to control and when I made a slow right hand turn the right front tire fell off the car. Apple Ford is trying to tell me I hit something. I would know if I hit something and for me to hit something that large I would have seen it, if there was a large pot hole I would have seen it... there is no body damage to the front end bumper of my car.. I just had the transmission replaced in this car, the sync module had to be replace since I had it.. the tow truck driver that picked up my car even said he had just picked up a 2013 Ford Fusion that had the exact same problem.. and the dealerships are telling people they are hitting something!!!!!

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

Jun 262013

Focus

Upon making a left turn vehicle completely powered down with no warning, after a second an audible beep and "stop safely now" message appeared. Vehicle had to be towed to dealership.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Aug 062012

Focus 4-cyl

Transmission shudders had it fixed twice front end want stay lined up have purchase three set of tires eating my tiers up had it lined up three times sick of this car it a lemon.

- Highpoint, NC, USA

Jun 122013

Focus 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Focus. The contact stated when the dealer repaired the flat tire they confirmed that the lug nuts needed to be replaced due to a manufacturers defect. The manufacturer was not notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 78,000.

- South Lyon, MI, USA

Apr 212013

Focus 4-cyl

I purchased a brand new 2012 Ford Focus on 2/20/2013. On Sunday, April 21, 2013, while it was sitting parked in my drive way, I noticed that the front passenger tire had a rather sizeable "bubble" in the sidewall. Fearing that it could burst, I decided that my best course of action was to slowly drive it to the dealership I purchased it at which is only about 5 miles from my home. Once they looked at it on Monday, they informed me that I must have hit something and the tire needed to be replaced and it would cost me $200. I would have had to hit something pretty good to cause the damage that this tire had. Also the tire was not scraped in any way. Upon looking at some forums on line I noticed a few that indicated the exact problem occur with the tires on their Ford Focus with the Continental 215/55R16 tire. The dealer, beau townsend Ford in vandalia, Ohio refuses to consider the possibility that these tires could be defective. If this is a problem, I am concerned that crashes could occur resulting in serious injury or death. I also contacted Ford Motor Co to express my concern, and they too are unwilling to accept any responsibility. I hope that someone will at least take the time to investigate if this is a safety problem that needs attention.

- Dayton, OH, USA