Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.

2012 Ford Focus windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

2012 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Mar 302012

Focus 4-cyl

My back windshield imploded when I got into my car and closed the door. I leased this car on Aug 30, 2011 and the mileage is about 7000 miles. Ford said they would not warranty this replacement glass as there were external causes. I have a witness that states when I closed the door, the back windshield turned grey, and imploded. According to my warranty, P.13, this should be covered in first 12 months/12,000 miles, no matter the reason. The car was parked in a lot, no indication of anything untoward happening to it.

- Carrollton, GA, USA

Dec 122011

Focus 4-cyl

The windshield in my car has distortions in it. Some are vertical, some are horizontal. The Ford dealer and Ford corporate customer service have both told me that this is standard for this model. Since all models have it, there is no windshield with which it can be replaced. I think it's a safety issue because looking through the windshield distorts what I see outside. I'd like NHTSA to look into it.

- New Port Richey, FL, USA