2010 Ford Fusion brakes problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Oct 162016

Fusion 4-cyl

The power steering assist fault indicator will not reset. Loss of power steering. How can Ford have a recall for the 2011 and 2012 Fusion but not the 2010? this is very dangerous when you lose power steering while your driving.

- Canton, GA, USA

Sep 212016

Fusion

Power steering suddenly stopped working and now the service power steering warning is coming on and we cant reset it. We were driving on the road when this happened, and now have no power steering.

- Cavendish, VT, USA

Sep 172016

Fusion

2 warning service errors will show up and power steering becomes disabled as driving on residential street. Power steering became completely disabled by the time the tow truck came to pick it up. Mechanic stated it was the same codes as the recall for 2011 Ford Fusion. Had to take it to the Ford dealer to have it correctly fixed. Stated it was the steering rack assembly. Looked up issue and many others with Fusion has the same exact issue but no recall on 2010 models. Same issue and fix for the Ford Fusion with recalls (2011 and above) extremely dangerous as power steering went out and could have caused a life threatening crash. Luckily my fiance (future husband) was driving the car as I would have not been strong enough to safely pull over by turning the wheel.

- Naperville, IL, USA

May 212016

Fusion

Power steering fault appeared on dashboard while driving and steering became hard to control. Turned ignition switch off and restarted power steering was working again. Carried car in for service I was told everything was normal. Now it's happened 4 or 5 times. Being that it's out of warranty now its out again.

- Tuscumbia, AL, USA

Mar 172016

Fusion

We were driving to pick up our daughter when the service power steering now and service advancetrac came on the message board. We lost power steering to the car. Luckily my mom's house wasn't far from our house. We got home safe and called the next day about repairs and found out it was over $1500. That is something we can't afford with a family. Come to find out many people have this problem with the same make and model and have gotten it fixed but the problem keeps reoccurring. This is very disappointing to hear about this car. This was my wife's dream car and now we find out its not as safe as Ford claims it is.

- Jefferson City, MO, USA

Mar 142016

Fusion

Service advancetrac system 2010 Ford Fusion SE 6spd manual, completely loses power at random times, has occurred 4 times in 5 days. Will be driving along at 40 to 45 mph straight or turning at 5 to 10 mph or even going up a straight, slight incline and the vehicle just loses power completely, the dashboard lights up and the service advancetrac system error message appears. I turn car off, yes in the midst of traffic with other drivers honking horns and praying no one runs into me, wait 5 seconds and then try to start the vehicle, which it does restart, however the service advancetrac error message remains. When the vehicle sits for more than a few hours the error message will not appear. It only comes on when the vehicle shuts off completely, which by the way is going to get me killed. I am a single mother working two jobs making the time to take it to the shop is difficult, however I will be taking it today (3/14/16). Losing power while driving 45 mph is not a safe situation for any driver on the road. Someone is going to get killed when this occurs. I see there have been several complaints for the same issue on the same year, make and model, Ford needs to address this situation quickly.

- Maylene, AL, USA

Jan 282016

Fusion

Loss of power steering, and advance trac

- Swanton, VT, USA

Dec 292015

Fusion

I have a 2010 Ford Fusion SE 4drv6 and was driving my vehicle down a highway and my low tire pressure light came on. Unable to pull over immediately I drove to the nearest good year which offers free tire repair when out of no where the traction stability control kicked in on my car and my service screen said "service power steering now" I maintained control of the vehicle until I got to good year where they discovered that I had no power steering.

- Winchester, VA, USA

Nov 032015

Fusion

The electronic power steering on this vehicle is defective. I've only had this vechile for about a year and a half and heve had several major issues with it. The power steering problem has been the biggest issue. I was originally told the the part was on recall, then after jumping through several hoops I ended up having to pay $1314.17 to have it fixed myself. Less than 24 hours after picking the car up from the dealership the same problems are occurring, the electronic power steering completely went out again while driving on the highway. This part needs to be recalled on all vehicles, it is very dangerous to be driving and completely loose control of your vehicle on the highway. Thankfully, I was able to gain control of the car this time, but it could have been much worst. I have and will continue to file complaints against Ford until this defective part until something is done.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Aug 232015

Fusion

While driving a message appeared on the instrument panel, "have power steering serviced", within a few seconds "have advance trac system serviced" warning appeared. I shut off the car. Upon restarting the car there was a total failure of the power steering system. It was impossible to drive the car due to the difficulty of turning the steering wheel. I detected a slight burning smell. The car had to be towed to the dealer. Repair invoice states an internal fault of electric power steering. Rack and pinion system had to be replaced. Mileage at the time was 60,402. If this would have happened on the highway or on a busy road there would have been great potential for an accident.

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA

Jul 062015

Fusion

Power stering went out on 2010 Ford Fusion. Dash notifications: Service advance trac & power steering assist fault. Seeing too many posts on the same issue.

- Murrieta, CA, USA

Sep 012015

Fusion

While driving the instrument panel lights up with an organge wrench and check engine light. I am unable to accelerate and need to get off the road as quickly as possible.when I press on the gas pedal nothing happens. It sounds and appears like the car is about to stall.this has happened at least 8 times in the last week.I had the car towed to my mechanic who told me it is the trottle body and that a Ford dealer would fix it. I dropped it off only to pick it up 2 days later and they told me nothing was found. Since it didnt occur while they were driving it they would not replace the part. I have no other option but to continue to drive the car as I am a single mother with no other means for transporation and the mechanics at the Ford dealership told me it was "safe." The car engine stops responding at high speeds.. how is that safe?! updated 9/21/15

- Moodus, CT, USA

Aug 272015

Fusion

I have replaced multiple defects on my 2010 Ford Fusion. Now, on the way to taking my children to school..my power steering completely shuts down! I've read that there are over 400,000 complaints and a pending lawsuit on the same issue with my car! I've filed a lawsuit to address this problem. I've spoken with the Ford dealership, who stated that nothing can be done. I will never again buy a Ford!

- Sevierville , TN, USA

Aug 072015

Fusion

My 19 year old daughter was driving to college when out of the blue she went to drive around a right hand corner at about 45 mph and the electronic power steering completely failed the car steering was so hard to turn the car didn't make the right hand turn so the car went across the road and up over the curb and almost hit a lady walking her dog no one was hurt but sure could have been the car has no other damage besides the steering and the advance track not working I'm very glad everyone is ok I'm 50 years old and I have never seen anything like this I had to go get the car off the curb and drive it to the Ford dealer way hard to do even harder then a older vehicle if the power steering failed something really needs to be done before someone gets killed 42000 miles car is like new and I see well over 500 complaints so far so I would say this isn't just a random problem.

- Erie, PA, USA

Apr 062015

Fusion

I was driving, and the car chimed a couple of times and the power steering immediately stopped working. The service power steering system now reading and advance trac reading started to show. Ford says it has not had any major issues as per 2 Ford service dealerships. I went to college for automotive and worked as a tech for Ford and I know power steering randomly going out is a safety issue. We were fortunate to not have any injuries, but this issue almost got us into a wreck. I will not pay Ford to fix a dysfunctional part that they installed. Paying Ford to fix the problem is like paying a serial killer to sharpen your knives before he/she decides which knife to stab you with.

- Washougal, WA, USA

Jul 062015

Fusion

My wife was driving the Ford Fusion and an error for "service power steering" came up on her dashboard. She still had power steering and was able to make it to work and park. Upon leaving work, she turned the car on and realized the power steering was completely gone. She could not drive the car because she could not efficiently turn the wheel. I had to go pick her up and at which point I realized I could attempt to steer the car. I was able to make the commute home safely, although the drive was a struggle the entire time. We took the car to a Ford dealership. They were unaware of any common issues. They diagnosed the car needing a new rack and pinion unit (the epas unit). We replaced the rack and pinion, not through Ford because they wanted $1800 we did not have. And the issue is still present. The car not safe to drive. It has been a real inconvenience for my family. The car is 5 years old and this is a major issue. And we still have 3 years left of payments on something that is currently not drive-able....//. updated10/27/15

- Winston-Salem, NC, USA

Jun 242015

Fusion

I was driving home from work, had to stop and drop some items off for my daughter at summer camp. When I was leaving camp the steering felt like it wanted to pull to the right, a few miles down the road all power steering was lost. Service advanc-trac warning message was being displayed on the dash board. I pulled over at a convenient store to investigate the problem, could not find anything. It was raining so I carefully drove home without any power steering. Took car to local dealership where they diagnosed the problem as a rack& pinion failure, total cost to repair $1,641. The dealer stated they had not seen this problem before. After a short search I found hundreds of similar problems reported. I read where this same problem initiated a recall on the 2011 Ford Fusion, but no help referenced to the 2010 Ford Fusion. If they identified the defect in the 2011 models, shouldn't they fix the problem from the previous models with the advance-trac system. No dealer will touch this vehicle with its defect as a trade-in, meanwhile I'm still paying on a car that I can not drive safely.

- Mauk, GA, USA

May 092015

Fusion

My vehicle's power-steering got disabled out of nowhere apparently I'm not the only one with this issue, I get an error on the driver panel saying to service power steering now.

- San Juan, PR, USA

May 092015

Fusion

I was traveling down the highway around 60 mph and the power assist check message came on. I stopped in the next town and shut car off. When I restarted I said to check system now and had no power steering whatsoever. Since I was 1.5 hours from home I tried driving for about 20 miles and decided that was enough as there was very little control of car. Ended up having someone come pick up car a trailer it home.

- Shell Rock, IA, USA

Oct 022014

Fusion 6-cyl

Electronic power steering stopped working after having started the car and driving off, messages that displayed on dashboard include "service advancetrac" and "power steering assist faulty".

- Detroit, MI, USA